The University Agency for the Entrepreneurship Management (AUGE) of the University of Costa Rica was created in November, 2012 as the Unit specialized on the creation and acceleration of firms and intensive entities on knowledge, appointed to the Vice Rector’s Office for Research, working with the financial support and logistics of FundaciónUCR.
We encourage innovating projects and dynamic organizations in order to contribute with the inclusive and sustainable development. We search for the dynamic element of the ecosystem of undertaking and innovation in Costa Rica and the Region. We are committed to raise the possibilities of success of entrepreneurs by opportunity and asking them to be creative, dynamic and sustainable through a practical and innovating management, based on collaboration, accompaniment and alliances.
We are an undertaking community that sets up innovative projects and encourages dynamic organizations in order to contribute to an inclusive and sustainable development.
To be the boosting element of the ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation in Costa Rica and the area.
1. Promoting entrepreneurship inside the university: It is carried out by means of talks to students and professors of different careers, our participation in fairs, contests and other activities organized by the University. We encourage a culture of undertaking among the university community for the students and staff could broaden the opportunities of application of knowledge for the contribution of an inclusive and sustainable development.
2. Learning for the early stages of entrepreneurship: we focus on those who have the idea and need support to validate it. In our blue and yellow phases, the teams discover the essence of the problem, and they define the creative solution, adjusted to their motivations and capacities.
3. Setting up of entrepreneurship: in our green and red phases, we accompany the entrepreneur teams who already count on a product or validated service and can manage a Viable Minimum Firm, a social enterprise or a non-profit organization or profit organizations as well. In these phases, we offer technical and strategic support in order to apply for funds and to present proposals to potential investors or supportive funds for undertaking.
1. FlashLab: Fast, practical, and experimental courses designed for entrepreneurs and collaborators of firms or institutions that want to develop cooperative entrepreneurships or a spin off. The Labs are available according to the demand and there are sessions that last 4 hours with a space for experimentation.
2. Sprint Auge: competition of co-creation, diverse, practical, and focused. It looks for the development of knowledge and the encouragement of abilities regarding undertaking and innovation. As a basis, they propose solutions for a challenge stated by a firm or organization which sponsors the activity using the focus Design Thinking.
3. Laboratory of manufacture for accelerating what is prototyped: a Inventoría is the initial project of the Fundación Costa Rica Innova, an organization that operates with the support of FundaciónUCR. Through an alliance with its founders, AUGE offers the service of accelerating prototypes by means of a collaboration of activators of the maker movement, apart from tools like 3D printers, Arduino boards, and laser cutters among others.
Warp team: professors, researchers and officers of the University can support our entrepreneur teams by being part of an interaction network, experiences and growing oriented to innovation.
This allows to catch the entrepreneurial spirit, to be part of a vibrant community, to contribute even more to the development of the country, to interact with new knowledge and trends, to identify opportunities of undertaking and to extend its network of contacts and social capital.
Know us better in our website (www.augeucr.com) or attend Vórtice, our monthly activity open to the whole community. We have it each third Tuesday of a month at 6:30 p.m.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number : +506 2511-1334 (with previous appointment)
Casa emprendedora María Teresa Obregón, 100 metros este y 100 norte de la Fuente de la Hispanidad, San Pedro, San José.